Watermelon Mint Salad
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 3 cups fresh arugula
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- optional: 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, agave, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and mint into a large bowl and combine.
- Add cubed watermelon and coat in the mixture.
- Add arugula, feta cheese, and pine nuts and toss to combine.
Do you like cooking with fresh herbs? Or have you recently started growing your own? Check out some tips below for adding in fresh herbs.
Tips for cooking with Fresh Herbs
- Add some of your favorites on top of a salad, pasta or rice bowl! We recommend trying cilantro, basil, or, arugula!
- Add fresh herbs to dishes with shorter cooking time, or towards the end of cooking for the most flavor.
- Cut, chop, or grind leaves for a great and more potent flavor.
- Dry herbs are stronger than fresh herbs. For longer-lasting herbs, dry out your own.
Enjoyed this recipe? Try out our delicious (and plant-based) Cowboy Caviar recipe with fresh cilantro!
The post Delicious and Fresh Watermelon Salad appeared first on VASA Fitness.