Need a chocolatey holiday treat? These mint chocolate cookies are perfect for watching holiday movies or for an after-dinner treat! Try them with a protein shake or hot chocolate for a complete treat. Plus, these can be made both gluten-free and Vegan!
- 2 cups oat flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp coconut oil (or canola oil)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or other milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermints (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients together in a bowl (flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt)
- Melt coconut oil in a small bowl and mix into the dry ingredients until combined
- Add milk and extracts to the mixture
- Fold in chocolate chips add peppermints
- Scoop cookies into balls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Enjoy!
The post Gluten-free and Vegan Mint Chocolate Cookies appeared first on VASA Fitness.