Losing weight is hard, especially when we get older. It’s common to see the scale creeping up once we hit middle age. Eating healthy and…
Squats are a popular functional exercise that can work your entire body. And they’re not just for powerlifters! Let’s take a deep dive into this…
It’s hot outside and the gym is the perfect place to be! Come get your workout in with us, we have something for everyone! Try out this quick week of workouts and try something new in the gym.
Grab a set of dumbbells. Complete 3 sets of each exercise for 10-12 reps
- Bent Over Row
- Dumbbell Curl
- Shoulder Press
- Tricep Dips
Try out a Studio Red Class or Group Fitness Class
Rest day! Get your self-care on.
Grab a set of kettlebells. Complete 10-12 reps of each exercise for 3 sets
- Reverse Lunge
- Kettlebell Squat
- Curtsy Lunge
- Kettlebell Romanian Dead Lift
- Bench Step-ups
Try out this Full-Body Workout
The post It’s Hot Outside – Come Inside for a Week of Workouts appeared first on VASA Fitness.
Sipping an apple cider vinegar detox drink first thing every morning on an empty stomach can provide a slew of health benefits. Research shows apple…
- Dumbbell Deadlift
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press
- Dumbbell Squats
- Dumbbell Bent-Over Rows
Complete 7 reps of each exercise, rest, complete 6 reps of each exercise, rest, complete 5 reps of each exercise, rest. Done!
Try out this awesome full-body circuit at the end of your workout for a great burn! This workout was written by one of our amazing trainers, Coach Brady B. at North Orem. Liked this workout? Try out more like these by working with one of our trainers. Schedule a FREE Session today!
The post Dumbbell Complex Workout Finisher appeared first on VASA Fitness.
Original source: https://vasafitness.com/2021/06/dumbbell-complex-workout-finisher/
What Is An AMRAP Workout?
As knowledge in the fitness world expands, so do your options in the gym.
If you’ve ever felt bored with your routine (maybe so much so that it’s hard to get your peach to the gym at all), we’re pleased to tell you that shaking things up doesn’t have to be a journey. You don’t have to do anything too new, too hard, or too painful to get more out of your workouts.
Today we’re going to introduce you to a new acronym: AMRAP. It hails from the gyms of CrossFit legends and will get your body moving and shift the way you look at working out. Don’t worry. If CrossFit isn’t in your wheelhouse, you can still safely incorporate AMRAP into your workouts in a less intense way.
What Does AMRAP Mean?
AMRAP, meaning As Many Reps (or Rounds) As Possible, is a super-straightforward workout format. As you might have guessed, the whole idea is doing as many reps/rounds as you possibly can for an allotted amount of time. This is a dynamic approach to fitness and can be tailored to all needs and abilities.
AMRAP is most often performed circuit-style with bodyweight exercises, which means you set up a handful of workouts, and then you complete as many rounds of that circuit workout as you can in the time you’ve allotted for the exercise.
The purpose of AMRAP circuit training is focus and form by nature of switching through different exercises so quickly you are constantly forced to pay attention to what you’re doing. Keep in mind that the primary goal is to move as fast as you can while maintaining your form. Anyone can sloppily rush through a workout; gains are found in abundance in controlled movements.
What Are The Benefits Of AMRAP Workouts?
Learning about AMRAP workouts has us very excited because it’s useful for anyone interested in this type of exercise. We’ve compiled just a few potential benefits of AMRAP to get you inspired to try it out:
What makes AMRAP so completely amazing is that you can apply any exercise you can think of to an AMRAP workout. Are you into kettlebells? Maybe burpees are your jam? Perhaps your preferred movement is sitting down in a chair and standing up with perfect form?
Whatever your movements of choice are, you can do them in a circuit for an AMRAP workout.
There’s nothing we love more than fitness that works for everybody, which is another reason to consider AMRAP.
Whether you’re brand new in the gym, a seasoned athlete, or someone looking to get back into shape, AMRAP is for you. Because it is so adaptable, you can make adjustments that make this exercise work for you.
We put adaptability as the first benefit because it is connected to the rest of these benefits. AMRAP can be an excellent tool for those of you who want to work on cardio: a circuit of jumping jacks, burpees, and running is guaranteed to get your heart rate up.
If you’re looking to do more traditional cardio, but you find yourself getting a little bored while you do it, AMRAP is a tool for shaking it up. You can do a circuit of walking for 2 minutes, jumping on an elliptical for 2 minutes, riding a stationary bike for 2 minutes, and rolling through 20 minutes of these. It’ll keep your heart rate up and your mind working nonstop.
Yes, you heard it here—AMRAP training can be used as a framework for strength training too.
All you need to do is incorporate some weight. Whether that’s with kettlebells, dumbbells, barbells, or a couple of makeshift weights like soup cans, AMRAP can be adapted to get you stronger.
If you aren’t trained in an exercise, especially huge movements like power cleans and snatches, you should not try them in an AMRAP workout. When speed is a component, it’s easy to lose your form, which can get pretty dangerous when heavier weights are involved. Make sure you only train strength with movements you’re confident in and have worked through with the guidance of a coach, trainer, or other health professional.
Naturally, if you can use AMRAP workouts for cardio and strength training, you can also use them for endurance training.
Endurance training improves your ability to sustain a certain level of energy expenditure. Simply making your AMRAP workouts longer and longer over time is a way to slowly push your endurance to new levels.
The last thing we’ll mention about AMRAP workouts is that they provide space for you to grow.
AMRAP makes it super easy to track your progress. You shouldn’t do the same circuit every time you work out, but if you note how many reps or rounds you were able to get through the first time you try a new circuit, you can do the same circuit a few weeks or months later to see how many more you can do than the first time.
Effectively, AMRAP provides a trackable glimpse into your fitness. Whether you want to use AMRAP as an intro to working out or a new way to improve your fitness level, Chuze has all the equipment you could possibly need to get to work. Make this fitness format work for you, and come on down to get started.
The fastest and simplest way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories than you take in. But that’s not to say all calories are…
Apple cider vinegar has gained popularity in recent years and is often touted as a healthy cure-all for everything. From weight loss to digestive issues,…
You’ve been there. The tight muscles. The soreness. It hurts to move. You’ve made gains in the gym but you’re paying for it the next…
Hello Kids Club Families!
This month’s newsletter is all about Under the Sea. We are deep diving into the ocean to learn more about how to protect it!
We are also preparing to reopen our Kids Club locations in the coming months, stay tuned for more information on your club’s reopening date. We can’t wait to see you and your little ones again!
With all of our gratitude and appreciation,
The Chuze Fitness Kids Club Team
If your local Kids Club remains closed, not to worry! You won’t be charged Kids Club dues until we’re up and running again.
June Craft Calendar
Under The Sea Fish Snack by survivingateacherssalary.com
- Large rice cakes
- Blueberry yogurt
- Goldfish crackers
- Pour blueberry yogurt into a bowl.
- Add a VERY small dab of blue food gel. Mix until well incorporated and the desired color is achieved.
- Spoon yogurt onto the top of a rice cake and spread evenly to resemble a pond.
- Lay goldfish crackers on top of the yogurt mixture.
Banana Dolphin Snack by thecraftingchicks.com
- Banana (Not peeled)
- Blue Jello
- Cut the banana in half, then cut the stem to resemble a mouth
- Make eyes & add grape to “mouth” to make it look like the dolphin is playing with a ball
- Stand banana up in blue jello to act as the body of water
Ways we can help save the ocean!
- Using less plastic products
- Picking up trash (with protective gear!) from a local beach/park
- Be mindful of water usage
- Use trash cans with lids
- Recycle appropriate items
Inclusivity on Father’s Day
Books for children:
- Baby’s First Words by Stella Blackstone
- The Family Book by Todd Parr
- Two Dads: A Book About Adoption by Carolyn Roberston
- Baby Dance by Ann Taylor
- Peek!: A Thai Hide-and-Seek by Minfong Ho
- Girl of Mine by Jabari Asim
- You Made Me a Dad by Laureene Sala
- Shopping With Dad by Matt Harvey
Inclusive Ways to Celebrate Parents and Families by VSB Diversity:
- Help children focus on what they have, not what they don’t have, by looking at the range of caring adults in their lives.
- Find out from children or their families the language they use to talk about their families.
- Read books with students that feature many kinds of family structures
Inclusive Ways to Celebrate Father’s Day by VSB Diversity:
- Make sure that you talk about the different people in your children’s lives who could receive any cards or gifts children might create
- With older elementary children, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day can also be used as an opportunity to look at gender stereotypes.
- For younger children, steer clear of activities that involve gender-stereotyping – like making cards shaped like ties for Father’s Day.
- Recognize that there may be children who have lost a parent or whose parent is absent, and difficult emotions may come up if you celebrate Father’s Day.
- The key is to be sensitive and help those children who need it, so that they do not have to handle challenges alone.
Under The Sea Activities
- Create a sensory bin with sand
- Make a water coloring painting of the ocean
- Baby Shark dance party!
- Make a plant based meal with your family
- Make a card for a loved one to celebrate Fathers Day
- Create “matching fish” flashcards to play with!
What do sea monsters eat?
A: fish and ships!
What did one tide pool say to the other tide pool?
A: Show me your mussels.
What’s the most popular TV show in the ocean?
A: Whale of fortune!